An open letter to my shins
Dear Shins,
Hi. How are you?
Listen, we need to talk.
You two need to get it together down there pronto. This constant stabbing pain you keep shooting up my leg during our runs has got to stop (especially you Lefty).
I know that I took a two-year hiatus from running (I had a baby - give me a break), but mama is getting it together in '07 and you two are not making it easy on me.
So, here's the deal. I have a half-marathon coming up in August. By then, I expect you to keep up and suck it up, okay? Then, we're going to have to step it up a notch or two for my very favorite half-marathon next January.
Come December, this body is turning 35. By then, I not only expect you two to have worked out whatever "issues" you have, I'm hoping you'll have passed the word on to the rest of my body that mama is not messing around and that it needs to start shedding some pounds.
Like soon.
Because this is ridiculous.
See you Saturday for our long run.
Cheers,
JaxMom
Hi. How are you?
Listen, we need to talk.
You two need to get it together down there pronto. This constant stabbing pain you keep shooting up my leg during our runs has got to stop (especially you Lefty).
I know that I took a two-year hiatus from running (I had a baby - give me a break), but mama is getting it together in '07 and you two are not making it easy on me.
So, here's the deal. I have a half-marathon coming up in August. By then, I expect you to keep up and suck it up, okay? Then, we're going to have to step it up a notch or two for my very favorite half-marathon next January.
Come December, this body is turning 35. By then, I not only expect you two to have worked out whatever "issues" you have, I'm hoping you'll have passed the word on to the rest of my body that mama is not messing around and that it needs to start shedding some pounds.
Like soon.
Because this is ridiculous.
See you Saturday for our long run.
Cheers,
JaxMom


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home